Wednesday 12 September 2012

Additional Early Ideas




While on the plane back to England, I had the idea of filming the plane landing and shaking the camera as if the plane had crash-landed. This was part of the 'holiday' idea, and to end the disastrous movie or for the intro I thought this clip I took or a similar clip would be ideal for creating terror among the audience. If I used the idea of a plane crash I would not be able to film a plane crashing- so this would be the next best type of footage to use. I would aim to let the audience think the plane has crashed and everyone was killed, but to add a traumatic element if possible I would find, use of film some footage of people being rescued from a mangled plane. The audience would then presume that, that was the worst part of the movie or the scariest, however if the family continued their holiday they would experience some strange occurrences.

I have been practising editing footage on these videos I have filmed, and explored the sub-genre of paranormal/supernatural. I added a greenish tint to the clip and kept the original sound to give it a more authentic feeling and that it could be real footage and people could experience this or a similar situation. The slight green tint that the Paranormal series employs has inspired me and will be recognised as a paranormal convention- so audiences who enjoyed Paranormal series will be drawn to a trailer that included a similarly edited clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment