Wednesday 12 September 2012

Early Ideas


Before the summer holidays i began thinking about what my horror movie trailer was going to involve. While on holiday in Cyprus i became inspired by various places and events and wanted to have the movie revolve around a family that go on holiday and something goes terribly wrong.



While on a bus back to the hotel I noticed the speed at which we were travelling was very fast- this led to the idea of having a killer chasing a victim. I filmed some of the way and then edited the video to make it look old and similar to the hint of orange that can be seen during The Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. As many of the audience will probably have see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, they would pick up on the similar convention used and assume that the movie will be a slasher type movie. However they will soon find out it is more of a paranormal/supernatural sub-genre and be lured into a false comfort. Having the video edited in this way ages it, so it implies someone has actually filmed this and the story was true.



While sight-seeing we were told that this olive tree was 800 years old- this led me to having the idea that a girl would find something ancient that would be cursed and also the harsh looking tree would add some 'history' and reinforce the idea of an ancient curse.







While walking through a tunnel I took a photograph of my cousin, later on I saw that the images I had taken were blurry and the single source of light did not make it a very good photograph. However it did look ghostly, as if my cousin was a ghost walking through a tunnel. If I filmed this, the audience will assume that something bad is going to happen but the tunnel will lead to a beach and the audience will realise the lack of light is what made it so ghostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment