Saturday 2 March 2013

Development of Target Audience and Narrative


After changing my narrative/storyline multiple times I also had to alter my target audience profile a few times. At first the storyline was the couple in the forest- I wasn't entirely sure which age range to aim this at. I decided that the younger target audience members may loose interest in the storyline as it was not overly gorery and more of a emotional storyline than fun and thrilling- which tends to attract the younger target audience members. The target audience I was aiming this narrative at would now be the young adult woman, probably in a relatively serious relationship and would be able to understand and empathise with the main character as they will be of similar ages- around twenty-five years old. The narrative I feel needed to lean more towards the super-natural sub-genre or the psychological sub-genre. Instead of being equally balanced sub-genres I thought the narrative should focus more on the psychological elements as this is what I personally prefer. After searching for the right location, I decided I would not find a house that would be available to film in, and in or surrounded by a forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment