Friday 1 March 2013

Practise shots & Evaluation

Before gathering all of my actors I wanted to do a test run and see which angles would work best, what lighting to use and how long it would take to film. This did prove useful as my original ideas did not work and I had to change multiple elements of my original storyboard. Below are a few examples of the practise shots i took and the issues or corrections that I realised I needed to make.







Carrying out multiple practise shots, allowed me to be prepare for the actual filming. The planned original 'settings' e.g. the bedroom and bed I planned to film, were not suitable as the mis-en-scene elements did not reflect the characters personality. 

Simple small objects like cushions and costume made a much larger impact on the overall effect- so i cleared everything from the shot for the 'real' filming- and only kept the necessities in the shot. Thus allowing the audience to focus on the most important aspects e.g. the narrative and the actors- rather than focusing on their surroundings.

Lighting also proved to be a bigger issue than I had previously thought. Once I had established which room and bed to make use of lighting was still an issue, despite using various lamps around the room. This is when I decided to see what the night-vision setting on the camera would look like. The green/blue tint that the screen now had- reminded me of the paranormal posters, and gave me the idea to have similar colours in my poster and possibly magazine.






No comments:

Post a Comment