Monday 5 November 2012

Feedback from my pitch


Below are some of the questions I received after presenting my idea to target audience:

  • HOW DOES SHE KNOW SHE KILLED HER HUSBAND AND DOG?
  • WHAT HAPPENS AFTER SHE FINDS OUT SHE KILLED THEM, WHAT HAPPENS TO HER?
  • HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SHOW THE MAN FROM THE PAST, IS HE GOING TO PHYSICALLY BE THERE?
  • WHAT MAKES HER THINK THAT THE MAN WANTS TO KILL EVERYONE AROUND HER?
  • HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SHOW HER PARANOIA?

This feedback allowed me to explain my ideas further as well as add and build upon my narrative and idea. By answering these key questions, the audience understood more about the narrative and even voiced that they would want to watch the movie. When asked if they would like to watch the movie the majority answered 'yes'.
 
A few suggestions assisted in the development of my narrative as well as pointed out possible issues such as "never work with children or animals.." and the issue of finding a dog that would be available and relatively well behaved to film. Thus showing that this narrative needed further development or to be changed.
 
The suggestion of having the main character loose her wedding ring, only to be found by her husband moments later- was an idea that I really liked. I was also comforted by the fact that one of the target audience loved the setting of a forest, as I wasn't sure if it would be too 'common' or following conventions too closely. Another suggestion which was of great help was having the camera above the actress when she is crying/ shaking to give the impression that she is being watched and is feeling small and weak.

Other feedback I received was that the target audience liked the narrative as it was relatively simple and followed codes and conventions- making it enjoyable for the audience to watch and I hope to exceed their expectations.

Presenting my idea to my peers and target audience members proved extremely useful as their feedback and suggestions assisted me in improving the narrative and exploring other creative suggestions I had not previously considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment