Sunday 11 November 2012

Music that inspired me

While watching the concluding part of a criminal investigation TV show, this non-digetic music started playing and was very effective in making the scene scary. Below is the same song, Seven Devils- the lyrics "Holy water, cannot help you now.. A thousand armies couldn't keep me out.." provide a sense of strength and power while, as well as implying that 'holy water' or God cannot help you- which is a common idea in horror movies.

The chorus: "..Seven devils all around you.. Seven devils in my house.. See I was dead when i woke up this morning, I'll be dead before the day is done.." references to the devil throughout the song are made and implants the idea that there are a lot of devils or evil that surround us in our everyday life. There are a lot of references to death which also adds a frightening element, while "..and now all your love will be exorcised.." relates to religion again and ancient techniques getting rid of evil or the devil- which are conventions explored in horror movies.

I hope to use parts of this song or create a song or piece of music very similar for my trailer as I found it very effective in adding an eire and 'spooky' feeling. Although my story-line has changed drastically I really want to incorporate this into my trailer somehow, possibly at the end or the start of the trailer.




No comments:

Post a Comment